Hear from Bishop Fox's Alethe Denis in the first episode of Pentest Tool's 'We Think We Know' podcast to unravel the intricacies of security testing. As a seasoned offensive security pro who's breaking barriers and shattering myths, her insider stories are packed with tips on how to: navigate security quandaries, build trust in pentest engagements, and break into the industry.
Watch to learn:
- Why penetration testing is a unique, collaborative experience specific to each business (03:30)
- Why a pentest sits between vulnerability scanning and a comprehensive red team assessment (07:55)
- What automation cannot replace - and where it’s actually useful (16:40)
- Why effective communication is the crucial factor in successful engagements (24:26)
- How to build authentic trust and develop a collaborative relationship with your clients (39:20)
- Why skills like communication and teamwork are key to getting into and succeeding as a penetration tester (48:00)