Bishop Fox is excited to be back in person at DEF CON 30. And this year is going to be bigger and better than ever. We have added a day-long livestream! Tune in on Friday, August 12, when we will be livestreaming from a secret Las Vegas location.
Announcing the First Ever Bishop Fox DEF CON Livestream Event!
Bishop Fox’s Tom Eston (host of the Shared Security Podcast) and Joe Sechman (host of our Tool Talk webcast series) will be your guides for the first-ever Bishop Fox livestream event. During this event, they’ll interview a whole array of guests who will chat about their latest research, their passion projects, trending security topics, and more.
You can watch this inaugural livestream from 10 AM to 5 PM on Bishop Fox’s YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Keep posted for a detailed schedule as well as additional information on how to tune in on August 12th!
Guests will include the following members of the infosec community with more names being announced ASAP:
- Vinnie Liu, CEO at Bishop Fox
- Barrett Darnell, Principal Security Engineer, Intuit (former Fox)
- Matt Scheurer aka DFIR Matt, host of the ThreatReel podcast
- Tanya Janca, Founder of SheHacksPurple and best-selling author
- Ray Espinoza, CISO at Inspectiv
- Kaitlin O’Neil, Recruiting Manager at Bishop Fox
- Jayson Street, Hacker, Author of Dissecting the hack: The F0rb1dd3n Network, Speaker
- Juneau, Speaker and Security Researcher
- Kevin Johnson, Co-host of The Shared Security Show podcast
- Yael Basurto Esquivel, Security Consultant at Bishop Fox
- Erez Yalon, Cofounder and Mayor of DEFCON's AppSec Village
- Liora Herman, Cofounder and Queen of Details at DEFCON’s AppSec Village
- Sandeep Singh, Co-founder of ProjectDiscovery.io
- Alethe Denis, Social Engineering Expert
- Steve Ragan, Team Leader/Storyteller/Editor at Cisco
And if you can’t make the livestream, don’t fret – we’ll be releasing recordings of the interviews after DEFCON! In the meantime, subscribe to our YouTube and stay tuned for more info.
But wait…there’s more! Read on to learn about our sponsorships and where to see our presenters and meet our Foxes while in Las Vegas.
Looks for Bishop Fox all over DEF CON 30.
We are thrilled to return and support the Red Team Village (RTV) as a Gold sponsor. Stop by and join our Foxes as we spend time with our friends at their workshops, stations, and Capture the Flag (CTF). Watch the video below to learn more about Bishop Fox and why we believe in the importance of sponsorship when we stopped by to chat with RTV organizer Savannah Lazzara.
"Private" Repos, and You
Presenter: Justin Rhinehart
Date & Time: August 13, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
Location: Recon Village
Supply chain research is so hot right now! In this talk I plan on talking about how to clone the NPM metadata database and all of the interesting repercussions of this design decision. Between exposing code from private Github repos, being able to search through all contributors email addresses, cybersquatting maintainers expired domains for account takeovers, and the interactions between .gitignore and .npmignore, there's plenty of interesting things to be covered.